We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern, Full Stack Development.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will help Terkel fulfill its mission to democratize thought leadership.
In this role you’ll not only work on writing code for the Terkel Applications, but also participate in the brainstorming sessions with the team for choosing the best features to help improve Terkel, a question and answer marketplace. We are looking for someone who has the intuition to work in a collaborative environment. If you have the above-mentioned qualities with strong technical skills in Full Stack Web Development, please apply for this role.
This position requires an strong technical knowledge, a willingness to follow a well-defined process pioneered by our CEO, passion, energy, entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to the success of small businesses.
What’s a day-to-day look like? Here it is.
- Create REST API endpoints for integration between client and back-end services.
- Develop new features for the website using Angular front end, Node.js services with a focus on positive end-user experience.
- Deploying code from GitHub to the cloud on Azure, leveraging different Azure services.
- Create good quality extensible code, avoid code smell, and refactor existing code base to increase readability and performance.
- Attend Agile – Scrum calls and brainstorm ideas during all the meetings to bring diversity on the table
- Work directly with CEO and Product Managers to enhance existing features or to develop new features for Terkel
- Follow coding discipline and collaborate with the tech team on GitHub to share tasks and to update the existing code.
Ready to help small businesses sustainably grow their companies? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or other relevant fields
- 3.5 GPA or above
- Experience in full stack software development, cloud development and deployment, creating and using REST endpoints, and working with SQL
- Experience with source code management using Git
- Previous experience with web frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, Express etc.
- Familiarity with styling using CSS, particularly the use of Bootstrap and Flexbox
- Familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux commands
- Solid understanding of good coding practices and willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Experience working with open-source libraries and reading online documentation
- An eye for good visual design and ability to identify optimum user workflow
- Consistently recognized for passion, energy, and for commitment to small businesses
- Ensure timely and high-quality of delivery
- Well versed with Agile and Scrum environments
- Basic knowledge for Microsoft office and Google Docs and Slides
- Quick learner with the ability to follow a well-defined process
- “You Are Unique” – an alignment with our core values
- Bonus points for experience with tools like Asana, Postman, FileZilla/WinSCP, Azure, GitHub, and MySQL Workbench
Terkel is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a paid internship with an option to work remotely or in our office in Old Town Scottsdale.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org