We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer.
Terkel is a fast-growing, venture-funded, question and answer marketplace that is democratizing thought leadership.
This position requires an strong technical knowledge of a MEAN tech stack, a willingness to follow a well-defined process pioneered by our CEO, passion, energy, entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to the success of small businesses.
What’s a day-to-day look like? Here it is.
- Create REST API endpoints for integration between client and back-end services.
- Develop new features for the website using Angular front end, Node.js services with a focus on positive end-user experience.
- Deploying code from GitHub to the cloud on Azure, leveraging different Azure services.
- Create good quality extensible code, avoid code smell, and refactor existing code base to increase readability and performance.
- Attend Agile – Scrum calls and brainstorm ideas during all the meetings to bring diversity on the table
- Work directly with CEO and Product Managers to enhance existing features or to develop new features for Terkel
- Follow coding discipline and collaborate with the tech team on GitHub to share tasks and to update the existing code.
Ready to help small businesses sustainably grow their companies? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or other relevant fields
- 3.5 GPA or above
- Experience in full stack software development, cloud development and deployment, creating and using REST endpoints, and working with SQL
- Experience with source code management using Git
- Previous experience with web frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, Express etc.
- Familiarity with styling using CSS, particularly the use of Bootstrap and Flexbox
- Familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux commands
- Solid understanding of good coding practices and willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Experience working with open-source libraries and reading online documentation
- An eye for good visual design and ability to identify optimum user workflow
- Consistently recognized for passion, energy, and for commitment to small businesses
- Ensure timely and high-quality of delivery
- Well versed with Agile and Scrum environments
- Basic knowledge for Microsoft office and Google Docs and Slides
- Quick learner with the ability to follow a well-defined process
- “You Are Unique” – an alignment with our core values
- Bonus points for experience with tools like Asana, Postman, FileZilla/WinSCP, Azure, GitHub, and MySQL Workbench
Terkel is one of the fastest growing technology startups in Phoenix. If you are looking to be an early stage employee and help shape how people gain and share knowledge, we invite you to apply.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org