Our main areas of expertise are Business, Marketing, HR/Recruiting, Technology, Finance, Lifestyle, Beauty, and Law. However, we get questions from all different niches!
Are you struggling to find the time or resources to keep your blog up-to-date?
Do you want to create more relevant and authoritative content for your brand but don’t have experts on hand?
Or maybe you’re a content writer looking for quotes from professionals to include in your articles?
Featured connects brands with expert insights.
Think of us as your shiny new content automation tool.
Brands who partner with Featured can expect to post questions and receive full-length articles featuring expert insights.
What is in it for experts who contribute to Featured?
Benefits for industry experts include:
- Establish your online presence by getting featured in high-traffic blog posts from publishers like American Express, Fast Company, GoDaddy, and more.
- Network with experts in similar industries
- Leverage the article to start a conversation with a potential hire, prospect, or partner.
- Showcase your expertise by sharing the article on social media and positioning yourself as a thought leader in your industry
- Active users on Featured enjoy a higher success rate of publication than other platforms like HARO and Qwoted
The average publication success rate for an active Featured user is 33%
So what’s in this for publishing partners? Glad you asked!
Benefits for brands that partner with Featured:
- Ability to post questions to Featured.com
- Full-length articles featuring expert insights
- Ownership of articles created
- Creative and editorial control of the content
- Oh.. did I mention it’s free?!
An average piece of content generates
- 5 Backlinks
- since people featured in the article often link to it from a press page
- 15 organic search visits per month
- content is engineered for organic search success
- 20 organic keywords
- content ranks for multiple keywords
Become a Featured Panelist
Do you want your expert insights to get published? Let’s do this.
- Fill out your profile in order to attribute your answers and pick out your interests.
- Answer questions that relate to your expertise. Repeat this process to increase your chances of getting published.
- Decide between a premium or lite account. Featured’s Lite plan will receive 3 credits for answering questions (per month), while Premium accounts have unlimited credits. Are you thinking about a Team account? Contact us with your interest.
Become a Featured Publisher
Convinced yet? Great! Let’s get started.
- Sign up as a Publisher: Featured.com/sign-up
- Submit a question
- Wait for us to let you know the article is ready
- Publish the article
- Share the article URL with Featured
The step-by-step instructions and FAQs for requesting an article can be found here: Introducing Publisher Accounts
Still on the fence? We encourage you to follow the steps above and try an initial test article to see if we’d be a good contributor to your blog.
Is Featured free?
Featured has a Freemium model for panelists and is currently free for publishing partners
What are the quote requirements?
- Answers should be 4-6 sentences, actionable, nonpromotional, and original (not published anywhere else).
- Your quote should elaborate deeply on one tip or topic, rather than giving general summaries of advice. Provide the reader potential benefits of adopting your advice and real-life examples of how this affected you (or how you put this into action
- Good quotes: discuss one way to improve the recruitment process. Dives deep into this subtopic using examples and the benefits of improving the process through this method. Sentence structure is complex.
- Bad quotes: talk about four goals that recruiters should set for themselves and doesn’t go into depth about each of them. Lists the goals without explaining why it’s important. Answers are in bullet points.
How many questions can I answer?
- Lite user: 3 answers per month. Answers reset at the first calendar date of every month
- Premium users: unlimited answer submissions
- Team users: unlimited answer submissions
How are answers selected?
Featured’s mission is to unlock new knowledge. Our goal is to feature the best answers on the internet to any question.
To accomplish this objective, Featured aims to select answers from trusted, subject matter experts who have firsthand experience and authority on a particular topic.
Featured uses profile information to identify which experts have the authority to speak on the topic at hand. Those expert quotes are then analyzed and ranked based on the quality and uniqueness of the insight. Featured aims to choose the best 5 to 15 quotes from relevant experts and convert them into an expert roundup article for publishers to post to their sites.
The experts who answer questions that align with their expertise and who back up their insight with anecdotal evidence see the highest success rate on Featured.
Can I be a panelist and a publisher?
Yes! Answering questions as a panelist and publishing content as a Featured partner is a great way to grow in thought leadership and increase your brand authority online.
What kind of brands use Featured?
Currently, Featured brands make up companies that provide services in the following industries: Business, Marketing, Finance, Tech, HR/Recruiting, Legal, Higher Education, eCommerce.
What makes a question a good fit for Featured?
Featured is strong in verticals like Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology, Marketing, Human Resources, and Finance. However, we welcome questions of every verticle. The question should not have one right answer and instead, be open to multiple thought leadership style insights. Questions should prompt experts to give their insight based on their professional experience.
In addition, the wording of questions should limit experts to ONE tip/recommendation/way within their answer. This way, each panelist will be encouraged to elaborate on one topic.
Example: Unstack posted to Featured “What is one marketing trend you see in store for Shopify store owners in 2022? What can store owners do to capitalize on this trend to improve sales?” and published this article: 12 Shopify Marketing Trends To Boost Sales in 2022
What edits can partners make to articles?
Publishers have full ownership and editorial control of content received from Featured.
Featured collects, identifies, and converts the best expert quotes into ready-to-publish expert roundup articles for publishers. However, publishers may choose to only publish the quotes that meet their editorial needs or standards.
If direct editing to an expert quote is needed, it is important to keep the message of the quote true to the original version.
Acceptable edits to quotes: Minor rewording, rephrasing, restructuring, and removal of text.
Unacceptable edits to quotes: Changing the message of the quote, removing all attribution to the original author, and plagiarism.
Does this align with Google’s guidelines?
Short Answer: Yes! we to adhere to Google’s Link Scheme Guidelines.
Long Answer: Google’s guidelines clearly state that a platform like Featured needs to allow a third-party content owner the choice of qualifying outbound links. Because of these guidelines, we give publishing partners complete editorial control of their Featured articles, including the choice of including links.
Google likes Featured because we help industry experts (the brands) create relevant content for their audiences. When someone searches HR software to try, Google would rather rank an article found on an HR company blog than a question/answer forum.