As a Data & Machine Learning Trainer, you will help Terkel fulfill its mission to democratize thought leadership.
The sole responsibility of a Data & Machine Learning Trainer is to improve content quality using content intelligence technologies centered around machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. A Data & Machine Learning Trainer is responsible for quality inputs to effectively guide the model.
You are an aspiring data scientist or software engineer who wants to learn more about machine learning and artificial intelligence. Your strengths are being detail oriented, and an ability to adhere to best practices in order to effectively train a machine learning model. You’re also adaptable, smart, and find a way to get things done.
What’s a day-to-day look like? Here it is.
- Analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data into meaningful and comprehensive inputs
- Submit user selections and make decisions based on data analysis to
teach and train machine learning model
- Factor qualitative and quantitative factors such as user history, user expertise, and user retention into selections
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders, including Data Scientist and Community Manager to increase confidence level of machine learning model from 40% to 100% accuracy
Ready to grow Terkel? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on Machine Learning
- 3.5 GPA or above
- A desire to work in a startup environment
- Unsatisfied curiosity for technology
- Patience with a view for the long-term
Terkel is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex. This is a remote internship where you’ll be reporting directly to our Data Scientist, and working closely with our Community Manager.
The start and end dates of this opportunity align with the Spring Semester schedule and are flexible during both Spring and Summer. This is a paid opportunity with an hourly wage of $12.80 / hour. Internship is flexible, but the expectation is 10-15 hours / week.
Apply by sending your resume cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org